10 bedroom House - 10 bathrooms - 780,000m² land for sale in Aude, Languedoc-Roussillon, France
Property Location: Languedoc-Roussillon > Aude > CARCASSONNE
No video available for the property
No brochure available for the property
- - Habitable Area: 880m² (9472 sqft)
- - Land: 780000m² (8395842 sqft)
- 10 bedrooms
- 10 bathrooms
- - Price: €2,940,000 Agency Fees included
- - Price per m²: €3,341
- - Average price in the Aude : 1634 € /m²*
- - Region: Languedoc-Roussillon
- - Department: Aude
- - Pool: 1
- - off street parking
- - country,
- - private garden, terraces, land, wooded, landscaped
78 ha wine tourism estate with 10 ha organic vineyard.
This spectacular vineyard estate dates from the 12th century, when the area was still a Spanish province. It belonged originally to the Count of Aragon and was attached to the fiefdom of the abbey of Caunes-Minervois.
The property spreads over 78 ha in one single plot and enjoys panoramic view in a bucolic, undisturbed setting.
Located about 20 km from Carcassonne, the domain is easily accessed being just 1 hour from Toulouse international airport, Beziers and the Mediterranean coast, and 1h30 from the Spanish border.
The estate comprises an impressive set of buildings with a ground surface area of approximately 3000 m² and includes:
- 2 main houses of 300 m² each, which share a vast private courtyard and wooded park.
- 150 m² guest house with a private garden of 400 m²
- 4 “bed and breakfast” guest rooms
- "auberge" with reception hall for events and weddings, a seminar hall and a professional kitchen. There is also a 30 m² "wellness" area with shower, spa and sauna, and a swimming pool with an expansive terrace.
- A further 130 m² house is yet to be renovated.
Guests are welcomed in the vast courtyard and can enjoy panoramic views of the surrounding countryside from the 200 m² terrace.
The winery has been built partly underground and covers two levels.
Vinification, ageing and bottling is carried out on the lower level over 500 m² of floor space.
Clients are well received in a bright and welcoming tasting room.
The estate covers a total of 78 ha, comprising 50 ha of productive agricultural land as follows:
- 10.3 ha of vineyard of which 7.3 ha classed AOP Minervois and 3 ha in IGP zone
- 32 ha of arable land
- 4.6 ha of permanent grassland and forage crops
- 1,5 ha of truffle oaks
- 0,5 ha of olive groves
- 0,25 ha of orchards
- 0,15 ha of vegetable garden
The vineyard was classed organic by Ecocertin 2016 but has been farmed with an organic dynamic for over 30 years. No insecticides or chemical fertilizers have been used since 1989, and weed killers have not been used since 2000.
The 10 ha vineyard could be increased to 45 ha by replacing the current crops with vines. 25 ha of the potential vineyard area would be classed Cru Laure as of 2021.
Traversed by the Naval stream that flows down from the Black Mountains, the estate has an extremely high water table (just 2 m to 3 m deep on the northern side) which opens opportunities for potential irrigation of the agricultural land.
To discover more, contact us today.
Location : Aude
|See this property on Google Maps|
Property Reference: HH-13604680Home Hunts
55 Rue St. Ferreol
Tel: +33 (0)9 70 44 66 43